[jsword-devel] Feature found

Joe Walker joe at eireneh.com
Fri May 21 13:46:05 MST 2004

DM Smith wrote:

> This is the doc to which I referred.
>     http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/lang/assert.html
> I am not sure if it gives different info than the link you provided.
>
> The big question is should we deliver the code with asserts turned on or
> off?

I would say off.
I think JNLP should have asserts turned off on the website.
Asserts should be on for testing from within eclipse or from local jnlp
builds.

> Corollary: What is sufficient testing? Is testing with asserts on
> sufficient? Or do we need to test with asserts off as well?

With JNLP executed code you don't get the console output easily so
working out what broke is harder. So JNLP is for when you think is
works, and eclipse with the debugger is for when you expect it to break.
Assert in eclipse, Disable assert in JNLP.

Sound sensible?