[jsword-devel] Book list order has changed to name from initials

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Sat May 24 04:09:26 MST 2014

The change to name order occurred 4 months ago with 'Optimized Books,
especially for lookups' but I can't see any specific reason for the change
in order unless I am missing something. I originally added order by
initials 11 months ago while solving problems with books having the same
description.  Here is the change 4 months ago which changed sort back to
name:

Optimized Books, especially for lookups.
Use books directly rather than calling getBooks, which creates a copy.
No longer use BookSet internally, but TreeSet instead.
Lookup now uses hash maps for O(1) for initials and name. Still loops for
case insensitive, but only once.
Removed getWriteableDrivers. Deprecated unregisterDriver and getMaxLength.
BookFilterIterator now takes an Iterable<Book> rather than a List<Book>.
*AbstractBookMetaData now sorts name before initials.*

If there are no objections I would like to raise an issue and implement the
change to sort by initials.

Martin