[jsword-devel] New versification mapping - preload mappings to prevent pauses

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Tue Jan 21 12:45:01 MST 2014

On Tue, 2014-01-21 at 18:39 +0000, Martin Denham wrote:
> I wonder if there would be any advantage in using the OSIS Ref Parser to
> load Reading Plans into And Bible, which look a bit like the v11n mapping
> files but tend to refer to chapters.
>
> AB has various reading plans in properties files like:
>
> 1=Gen 1, Mat 1, Ezr 1, Act 1
> 2=Gen 2, Mat 2, Ezr 2, Act 2
> 3=Gen 3, Mat 3, Ezr 3, Act 3
> 4=Gen 4, Mat 4, Ezr 4, Act 4

I am not entirely sure why you need to re-implement what is available
within sword as "daily devotional" module - basically a dictionary
module keyed to days/weeks/months and some added logic to create the
calendaric interface.

http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/DevTools:Modules#IMP_Format

> For daily devotionals, you must encode the key as "$$$mm.dd", such as
"$$$01.01" for January 1st and "$$$12.31" for December 31st.

Or does jsword not support these?

Peter