[jsword-devel] A few changes that I would suggest making for Versifications handling and mappings

Chris Burrell chris at burrell.me.uk
Mon Jul 8 01:47:48 MST 2013

There are a number of places where I've found issues with the
versifications.

The methods in AbstractPassage should take account of the v11n passed in:
e.g. addAll, add, remove, retain, etc. If the passed in parameter is of a
different versification, we should deal with this properly. Currently we
end up with very strange things where keys suddenly mean something
completely different.

We should remove VerseRange(v11n, Verse), or at the very least throw an
exception if the v11n is different to Verse.v11n. There are a number of
examples where this is the case.

I think we can simply a lot of the constructors asking for a v11n. Since,
if we're passing something in, then we can determine the versification from
the passed in object.  The main issue (above) is that we're can't guarantee
that a verse maps to a range. But we could do our best to create whatever
is passed in.

Chris