[jsword-devel] A few minor API changes

Chris Burrell chris at burrell.me.uk
Sat Jul 6 03:47:58 MST 2013

Hi all

I'm realising I'm doing quite a lot of casts from Key in particular to
Passages, etc.

I was wondering if we could change some of our interfaces to be slightly
more specific.

For example, PassageKeyFactory.instance().getKey() could return a Passage
instead of a Key.

A Passage Iterator could return Verses

A range iterator could return ranges.

etc.

There are probably a few more...

Also, a more fundamental change, I was wondering if there is a reason for
keeping the Verse hierarchy apart from the Passage hierarchy. For example,
a Passage of size 1 is essentially a Passage (not suggesting we make all
these changes now), but keen to understand why we have the difference..

Chris