[jsword-devel] jdom removal

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 08:25:46 MST 2012

It would be good to remove JDOM.  When working on the first versions of And
Bible I had to bypass the JDOM DOM creation to improve performance on low
powered Android devices, but my simple workaround only worked for simple,
well structured OSIS bibles.

I made a few rough
notes<http://code.google.com/p/and-bible/wiki/AmendmentsToJSwordForAndroid>
on
it at the time.

I don't think Android includes a StAX library, but it does include a
similar efficient XML Pull library and it would probably be possible to
include a StAX library with And Bible.  I could do some investigation and
experiments if this approach was seriously under consideration.

Martin