[jsword-devel] Sword modules with pictures

Brian J Dumont brian.j.dumont at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 09:28:28 MST 2012

On 10/20/2012 07:28 AM, Chris Burrell wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a requirement to produce a sword module with some scanned
> images. They are commentaries, so in the vast majority verses can be
> used for the key.
>
> Because the scanned images are fairly large, I'm considering using
> just links to those images. Is there any particular type of OSIS
> markup to indicate the content will simply be a link to an image and
> nothing else.
>
> I see there's a <figure> tag which could be used, but not sure if
> that's the one to use if the content of the module is solely the link
> to the image!
>
> Chris

The problem with links is that they are downloaded for every view,
rather than once for the module.  I have made a number of image modules,
and have decided that including the images is a better option than links.

As to the technical question, I suspect that it would work fine right
now using ThML, but not at all in OSIS without some additional work to
osis2mod.

Brian