[jsword-devel] Bundling JSword with FireBible

Brian Fernandes infernalproteus at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 05:58:42 MST 2011

Joe,

1) Yes, those version numbers are now hard to keep up with. This is one
of the reasons I need to update FireBible right now and will be upping
the maxVersion to 15 or maybe even "*". I thought I'd also do the
library inclusion at the same time. I have started receiving user
complaints about this.

2) Any directory containing the jsword-*.jar or bibledesktop-*.jar files
should do. Or you can simply use the 3MB JSword 1.6 download.

3) Automatically downloading files - I have thought of this and it does
remain a valid option. It still won't be as easy to use as the case
where the JARs are bundled, but I like the efficiency of this solution.
I wonder if using some utility like fatJAR to create a single JAR would
make it easier still (as opposed to having to download a ZIP and unzip
that *somewhere*, then take care of multiple versions, etc.).

Thanks,
Brian.