[jsword-devel] a new users perspectives on APIExamples

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 21:02:08 MST 2008

On Feb 11, 2008, at 10:44 PM, Mike Bradley wrote:

> DM Smith wrote:
>>
>> Mike Bradley wrote:
>>
>>> Problem: readStyledText() fails to add class
>>> "org.crosswire.common.xml.Converter" and throws an exception
>>> saying as much.
>>> My solution: Haven't worked on this one either, but DM said that he
>>> fixed it in an earlier check-in.  It is still not working for me,
>>> and I
>>> thought I was all caught up with the lastest check-ins, but I
>>> might not
>>> be as I'm still getting used to the subclipse way of doing things (I
>>> usually deal with subversion from the command line).  In other
>>> words,
>>> the problem could very well be only on my end.  I'll work more on
>>> figuring out if that is true later.
>>>

>> This should just be a classpath change. This looks like common.jar is
>> not on the classpath
> I looked around and can not find common.jar.  Could you give me the
> path
> to it?  Am I supposed to build it from the common project?

The actual name of the jar is jsword-common.jar, it may have a version
number in it. If you want the nightly build of it or any of the jars
just go to www.crosswire.org/bibledesktop/download.html and download
the Linux nightly build.

Alternatively, you can build with ant by running build.xml in the
common project.