[jsword-devel] Nightly build and Vietnamese

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 9 05:56:43 MST 2008

On Feb 9, 2008, at 3:10 AM, Daniel Owens wrote:

> I was able to run the nightly build today, and when I switched the
> application locale to Vietnamese all the icons on the toolbar were
> replaced by text buttons and menus were no longer usable. I'm not sure
> if you want to know that kind of information about the nightly build,
> but here it is for what it's worth.

Daniel,
I don't know if the last message got through as there is some server
work going on.

This is exactly the kind of thing that we want to know about the
nightly build!

If we are not in the middle of something, then it represents a genuine
problem that needs to be solved. And if we are in the middle of
something then it is something that needs to be checked later.

As it is, the problem is that JInto is not very good about the
entirety of the "properties" specification. The problem here is that
we have things like:
ClearView.Enabled=
ClearView.LargeIcon=
ClearView.LongDescription=Xo\u00E1 c\u00E1c ph\u00E2n \u0111o\u1EA1n
trong c\u1EEDa s\u1ED5 hi\u1EC7n th\u1EDDi.
ClearView.MnemonicKey=
ClearView.Name=Xo\u00E1 c\u1EEDa s\u1ED5 hi\u1EC7n th\u1EDDi
ClearView.ShortDescription=Xo\u00E1 c\u00E1c ph\u00E2n \u0111o\u1EA1n
trong c\u1EEDa s\u1ED5 hi\u1EC7n th\u1EDDi
ClearView.SmallIcon=

In the above, it is saying that these should be the values for each of
the items.

ClearView.Enabled=
ClearView.SmallIcon=
ClearView.LargeIcon=
ClearView.MnemonicKey=

all indicate that they are to have an empty value, instead of the
value defined in the default properties file.

To get the value in the default properties file, these lines need to
be removed or these need to have the same value as in the default
properties file.

When Peter or I add these, we need to be careful of this. I'll fix this.

Many thanks!

In Him,