[jsword-devel] Modifying the display of texts

Gabriel Valencia gee4vee at mac.com
Fri Apr 13 11:41:32 MST 2007

Hey all

I have been incorporating the JSword API into a program I am working
on for displaying Biblical texts on a projector for use in Bible
studies, sermons, etc. Right now, I use the JSword APIs to retrieve
Bible texts and I use BibleDesktop components to display them. I am
still very new with XML, XSLT, etc., but one thing I would like to
change for the program is the display format that BibleDesktop uses
by default. For example, in BibleDesktop, the verses are usually
displayed line by line, but when you put it on a projector, it would
be nice to be able to increase the spacing to make it easier to read,
and perhaps increasing the side margins. Also, I figured out how to
change the font size, but it requires (as far as I can tell) creating
a custom BookDataDisplay and modifying the HTML
TransformingSAXEventProvider's properties.

If I understand correctly, BibleDesktop uses XSLT to determine how
text gets displayed. Is there any way to modify this style sheet or
use a custom one? Am I on the right track for what I want to do, or
is there an easier way to modify all these properties? Any guidance
would be appreciated.

God bless your labor in the Lord!
--
Gabriel Valencia