[jsword-devel] Building on Bible Desktop: BibleBlogs.Net

Mete Kural metekural at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 17 15:39:10 MST 2006

From: DM Smith <dmsmith555 at yahoo.com>
<<At this time, the user has to be able to download Sun's JRE. So I
suppose that we should stay smaller than that;)>>

Sun's JRE 1.4.2 download is 15.37 MB. JRE 5.0 is a 16.00 MB download. So it would be good to try to stay at around or below 16 MB download I think.

<<The motivation to look at RCP was to use a framework that already
implements much of what is in our post 1.0 wish list. And it provides a
perfect framework for what you are trying to do.>>

I agree. I think using RCP is a great idea. It takes care of the plumbing and provides a lot more as well.

+1 for RCP.

-Mete