[jsword-devel] feather request: book downloading and index generating api

David lzj369 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 08:45:50 MST 2006

Eclipse RCP platform has its own threading api. Use can choose the job run
on backgroud or foreground. I maybe need to double check why the process
failed. (I believe it is because of threading)
For book installation, I added two mirror methods to do downloading and
copying.  It works fine. The only issue is the api and package keep changing
and I have to compare every time there is a new release and merge the code.

For indexing, I have not made it to work correctly.  I will study the code
next week. The basic idea is kick off a background job and call jsword api
to generate index. No thread for indexing itself is needed.

For Web sword, the book installation is on server side. Never mind.  It will
not be used for end users. I put it on hold because I have several othe
plugins need to be done soon.

Zhaojun