[jsword-devel] deletes and confusion

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Thu May 6 08:25:07 MST 2004

Joe Walker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been doing a hatchet job on jsword-support and working on jsword-web
>
> I'm trying to move build.xml sections that deal with the tools like
> jdepend from jsword-web to jsword-support/tools which is far more logical.

Agreed.

> Changes to build:
> - Added mkdir to prepare in core.xml (jsword-web tripped over this)

Good catch.

> - Made prepare.extra not depend on prepare because prepare calls
> prepare.extra (is this the right fix?)

Good catch.

> I'd like to put back in the code that copies jar files before signing
> them - it allows us to check for dependencies before we sign, which will
> prevent us signing unchanged jars, which will in turn stop jnlp
> permanently downloading everything. I'm working on that now.

I think that the copy is actually the problem. Each time the jars are
copied, they have a new date/time stamp. Signing them as they are copied
does not make the problem worse. It merely modifies them a bit more.

I could be wrong.

Perhaps the solution is to copy local jars and sign them to a location
that is ignored by clean. For example: project/target/jars. And add a
"clobber" target to clean it and everything else via clobber.extra (to
clobber jsword/target/osis/*).

The target/ant/jars would only contain the project jar(s).