[jsword-devel] BookChooser i18n

Joe Walker joe at eireneh.com
Wed May 5 14:20:25 MST 2004

There are a number of bits of unused code - generally only in the swing
arena.
Our options are:
1. ignore them, they probably only cost us a few k on a download and
then if we need them they are very handy. Maybe we can find a tool that
will strip unwanted stuff out of a jar file.
2. move them into a new java/dead directory so we can leave them out of
the jar easily, but they are still fairly handy if we need to resurrect them
3. move them into jsword-support/java/historic, the traditional code
mortuary. Code here is not on any classpath and so will rot quicker than
the earlier suggestions through lack of attention in any refactoring
4. delete them, we can re-write or dig around in CVS if needs be.

My approach has been 1 because that's the only way I can be sure I
wouldn't re-write them. 2 just seems confusing, 3 means they will rot
and be useless when you do want them and 4 means we'll loose them in CVS.

Don't have strong feelings though, if anyone has a good reason to adopt
2-4 please shout.

I seem to remember an IBM alphaworks tool that would strip jars out. Not
thought about it for a while though.

Joe.