[jsword-devel] MapTable

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 21 10:21:14 MST 2004

Earlier I had worked on the MapTable used to display Sword Book conf
files. One of the problems is that some of the lines are too long and
should wrap. I had wrapping at one point, but took it out because it was
  ugly when the window was resized. It is not really a big deal but it
bothers me. So I want to fix it.

I have been pleased with how JTextPane handles tables and I am thinking
that would be a good solution for displaying tabular data. Any thoughts
on whether it would be a good, neutral or bad idea?

Further with the conf files, I have presented the rows in the order that
they are in the file, with the synthetic rows at the bottom. In trying
to figure out what Bibles would represent a good data test set
(basically a one-of-each encoding approach) I was scanning the conf's in
the Book installer window and found the lack of a consistent ordering a
little bit frustrating. Is there a value in having the order consistent
with that of the file? (Earlier it was random.) I would like to change
it to make it more consistent. My initial thought is to order it based
upon importance to the application (what it uses and what it does not)
and importance to the user (i.e. some reasonable approximation of the
order of the other keys) I guess I could go overboard and let it be
fully customizable, but I was thinking that a resource file with ordered
keys would be a good starting place. Maybe represent the Map in xml and
use xslt to present it.