[jsword-devel] big checkin

Joe Walker joe at eireneh.com
Thu Apr 29 04:53:20 MST 2004

The tricky thing is what to do with the jar files.
The approach taken at the moment is that each project:
- contains all the jars needed to build in the jar directory
     - unless those jars are created by another jsword project
- has a output target that creates a folder containing useful exports
     - including jars depended on by created jars

Hence log4j.jar is only in common since all the other projects use the
log wrapper in common.
However all projects export log4j.jar (having copied it from common)
since they need it to run.

I am tempted to make ant (and even eclipse) work off created jar files
copied into the project (so there is a copy of common.jar in jsword, and
a copy of jsword.jar and common.jar in bibledesktop)
However I haven't because I think that would dislocate the projects too
much, forcing you to copy jars around too much, and breaking refactoring.

So I've separated the projects as much as a I could without making too
much extra work. At least this way the dependencies are fairly explicit.

I have not added and targets to build dependent projects yet.

Joe.