[jsword-devel] Intermittent startup error

DM Smith jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 05 Apr 2004 23:25:24 -0400

I am getting an error down in the bowls of new JFileChooser() created in
BibleViewPane. It is croaking on an NPE in the initialization of an
ImageIcon. This makes me suspicious of winlaf.

I got the error in the nightly build but I think it is the same as the
stable build at this point. It did it about 4 times in a row.

When it happens, java vm is still running but I have to kill the program via
the task manager.

Does anyone have a problem with trapping all uncaught exceptions in main and
putting up a shutdown dialog, if possible? I am not sure it would catch this
error but I don't think it would hurt.