Patch was RE: [jsword-devel] ActionFactory and ResourceBundles

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 05 Apr 2004 20:28:07 +0100

DM Smith wrote:
> I am resending the patch that I sent before with a few changes. I have
> added actions for menus, fixed a bug in the CWClassLoader, which I found
> while testing under jnlp (and is not present otherwise).
>
> I have also created an initial implementation using the technique (only
> short on bringing up Options, but everything else is there). I commented
> out code in Desktop (which should be removed) so that the merge will go
> easier and so it will be more obvious what the changes were. I also
> created DesktopActions as the location for behavior.
>
> Also, I found some bugs where the various existing actions passed "this"
> to Reporter, when it should have been the JFrame of Desktop. This causes
> the dialog to not always stay on top. There were a few other similar
> "rooting" problems that I found. I have fixed these in DesktopActions.

Thanks for this, I'm applying it, and doing a hatchet job on all the
classes that it orphans, so it will be later on when I commit it.

I often think your most productive days programming are when you've
deleted a whole stack of code!

Thanks.

Joe.