[jsword-devel] Source size

Troy A. Griffitts jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 07 May 2003 11:39:31 -0700

Joe,
	Did you want a separate cvs repository with different access controls,
or just a new cvs module in your existing repository?  You are very
welcome to do whatever you see fit in your existing repository-- let me
know if you need help.  If you need a second repository so you can
control access different than the current repository (which is about the
only reason I can think of for needing an additional repository), I'd
also be happy to help, but I'll need to make some changes on the server
for this to happen.  Just let me know.

Aside comments:

	The P800 is really cool!  I'm jealous.  I'd like to compile the C++
engine natively for Symbian and build a gui with Borland's Mobile dev
product: http://www.borland.com/cbuilder/pdf/cbmobile_datasheet.pdf

	Once you finish the lexicon drivers for sword, you will have a number
of daily devotionals available.  The current sword dd modules use the
lexicon driver with keys like mm.dd, e.g.  05.07 for May 7

	There is currently a pluging arch for indexed searching if the drivers
wish to override the default brute force search.  RawText has an
override, meant only as a sample.  The utility mkfastmod will build the
search indecies on any module using a driver that has a specialized
search mechanism, and then any subsequent searches will use the special
mechanism provided, if it supports the search type, otherwise it
defaults to brute force.
	I'm happy with the ideas, but not with all of the impl, and there are
no real optimized plugins yet anyway.