[jsword-devel] JSword list

Keith Ralston jsword-devel@bibletechnologieswg.org
05 Apr 2002 20:47:38 -0600

Everyone sound off.

We still need a place to put the work.  Troy, are we going to use
Crosswire resources or SourceForge?  Perhaps this should be the first
todo on the list.

It appears the most popular approach is to take the 1.5.3 and "port" it
to Java.  Once that is done, refactoring can begin.  The only one really
impacted by this will be Joe at Project B if he decides to use the
JSword engine.  I'm comfortable with this approach.

Once an initial port is done, the two projects will need to run in
parallel; i.e., JSword can't be ported each time Sword is released.

As soon as we have resources in place, we can pool what work has been
done and fill in the todo list a little more.  Is anyone aware of items
on the list that are not in work somewhere else?  Perhaps everyone who
has been working on a module could add their name to the todo list?
This would let us newbies know where to get started.