[bd-users] cant install Bible Desktop 1.0 on Mac

Cristen and Rich amrc0308 at bluebottle.com
Wed Apr 5 10:58:44 MST 2006

I keep getting this error when installing Bible Desktop 1.0 on Mac as
follows, I do have Java installed, and updated.

An error occurred while launching/running the application.

Title: Bible Desktop
Vendor: Crosswire Bible Society
Category: Invalid Argument error

The application has requested a version of the Java 2 platform (JRE)
that is currently not locally installed. Java Web Start was unable to
automatically download and install the requested version. The JRE
version must be installed manually.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE jnlp PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc//DTD JNLP Descriptor
1.0//EN" "jnlp.dtd">

<jnlp spec="1.0+"
codebase="http://www.crosswire.org/bibledesktop/stable"
href="bibledesktop.jnlp">

  <information>
    <title>Bible Desktop</title>
    <vendor>Crosswire Bible Society</vendor>
    <homepage href="http://www.crosswire.org/bibledesktop"/>
    <description>Bible Desktop - Bible Study Software based on the Sword
project</description>
    <description kind="short">Bible Desktop is a Bible study package
available over the internet</description>
    <description kind="tooltip">Bible Desktop Application</description>
    <icon href="icon32.png"/>
    <icon kind="splash" href="icon64.png"/>
    <offline-allowed/>
  </information>

  <security>
    <!--
    We need disk io to read installed Sword Bibles,
    network access to install new ones, and the ability to read system vars
    I'm not sure there is much point in asking for less that everything
    -->
    <all-permissions/>
  </security>

  <resources>
    <j2se version="1.5+" max-heap-size="512m"/>
    <jar href="bibledesktop-1.0.jar"/>
    <jar href="jsword-1.0.jar"/>
    <jar href="jsword-common-1.0.jar"/>
    <jar href="jsword-common-swing-1.0.jar"/>
    <jar href="javatar-2.5.jar"/>
    <jar href="jdom-1.0.jar"/>
    <jar href="commons-codec-1.3.jar"/>
    <jar href="commons-httpclient-3.0.jar"/>
    <jar href="commons-logging.jar"/>
    <jar href="commons-net-1.4.1.jar"/>
    <jar href="lucene-core-1.9-final.jar"/>
    <jar href="jlfgr-1_0.jar"/>
    <property name="apple.laf.useScreenMenuBar" value="true"/>
    <property name="com.apple.mrj.application.apple.menu.about.name"
value="BibleDesktop"/>
  </resources>

  <application-desc
main-class="org.crosswire.bibledesktop.desktop.Desktop"/>

</jnlp>

JNLPException[category: Invalid Argument error : Exception: null :
LaunchDesc: null ]
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.handleApplicationDesc(Launcher.java:259)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.handleLaunchFile(Launcher.java:199)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:167)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:552)